Educating residents and collecting public input is very important for the I-69 Ohio River Crossing project. The Project Team will host public meetings at key project milestones to keep the public engaged and to gather public feedback.
Public meetings are proposed for the following key milestones:
- Public launch of project branding, goals, and proposed Purpose and Need statement – April 2017
- Completion of Screening Report – July 2017
- Progress update on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) – Early 2018
- DEIS publication – Fall 2018
- Final Environmental Impact Statement /Record of Decision – Late 2019
Each round of public meetings is held in both Henderson and Evansville. The agendas and formats for these meetings are identical, assuring that the public receives the same information, regardless of which meeting they attend. Each meeting is held in a public space that is accessible, near a public transit route and provides free parking.